Do you like millet? Some call it birdseed. Are you trying to eat less meat? The I highly recommend you need to try this recipe, a very tasty dish and a great lunchbox filler. I like to munch on these when I travel, they are a great snack on the road or with a picnic too. This recipe is wheat and gluten free. Makes 5- 6 patties. Double the amounts by all means. Tasty and chock-o-block full of protein. They are nice served cold as well. And – no birdseed in this recipe, I promise you.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Can of chickpeas , or even better 1 cup of freshly cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder (or chilli to taste, or omit)
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup of Ground Millet
- 1 egg
- Olive Oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process into a coarse paste. If you don’t have a food processor, cut the onion as finely as you can, mash the chick peas and mix everything together as best you can.
- Shape the patties and gently coat outside with extra Ground Millet.
- Place in the fridge for ½ hour to firm up. Place patties in pan with a little olive oil and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with yoghurt and diced cucumber dressing.