Kids love snacks, and so do adults. I don’t mind if my kids have a snack – as long as it is healthy. Here’s a quick, easy and healthy snack. Use puffed brown rice of millet, obtainable from teh health-food shop. You and your children will enjoy making and eating this one.
- 3 cups of puffed brown rice or millet cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (use the real thing)
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of brown rice syrup
- Combine your almond butter, vanilla, and rice syrup in a small saucepan and heat over low heat. Heat until the mixture becomes syrupy. (watch carefully, this only takes a few minutes)
- Pour the syrup over the cereal and mix well, try to get the cereal evenly coated.
- Lightly coat a glass Pyrex baking dish with either butter or rice bran oil, and add your crispy mixture. Let stand until cool, and cut and serve. (If you want to speed up the process you can chill in the fridge for about an hour.)