My Favorite Weekend Breakfast
This is one of my favorite breakfasts, especially on the weekends and will keep the tank topped up for many hours. You should not feel hungry for several hours after this hearty meal. Especially good meal if you have a lot on and anticipate you may not be able to eat until 1.00pm. You can have this breakfast every second day, have the Detox Cereal, Muesli or a Protein Smoothie on the other mornings.
Eat your spinach. Be sure to include the spinach, you can use you own garden fresh spinach. Spinach is best used as fresh as possible – pick and eat. That way you loose very little folic acid, a vitamin which you can’t get enough of today it seems. Folate is almost certainly the most deficient vitamin world-wide. You can read plenty more about Folic Acid here. Growing some of your own vegetables yet? If you stay around I may just have to make a grower out of you yet.
- Free range eggs – 2
- Free range bacon – 1 good slice
- Black pudding (optional), peeled green apple – ½ Granny smith
- Some fresh spinach (or 1 portion frozen spinach)
- ½ large tomato
- Small amount of salmon – fresh, smoked or baked
- A few button mushrooms
- Cook the eggs as you wish – scrambled, poached or lightly cooked are best.
- Steam the spinach for a few minutes only. Frozen? it defrosts and cooks in mere minutes.
- Fry the half tomato in olive oil, you can add two slices of red onion or zucchini too.
- Fry the Black pudding sausage and the ½ peeled Granny smith apple in the same pan you fry the bacon :-), turning once only.
- The salmon and mushrooms (cooked) are optional but a very tasty addition.
- Enjoy on a piece of gluten free bread or have with a flat bread (wrap).
- Enjoy with a herbal tea or a cup of green tea.