You either like rocket or you don't I guess. I love it, and it is SO good for your digestive system. Try growing some rocket this spring, it can be added to many kinds of dishes.
A delicious summer salad recipe. You can add many different ingredients in these types of salads, like nasturtium or borage flowers, little pieces of parmesan cheese and even topped with a few strawberries.
Fresh is best, make this salad and then serve at once. Enjoy with a light protein such as grilled fish or chicken.
• 2 large fresh beetroot, trimmed
• 150g rocket or spinach
• 1 Tbl flaxseed oil
• 2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
• 30g fresh walnuts, toasted
• 100g crumbled goat’s cheese or fetta cheese
• Place beetroot in the oven & roast at 180C for 50- 60 mins until tender.
• Remove, plunge in cold water and when cool enough peel away the beetroot skin.
• Cut into wedges or any shape toss with the vinegar & oil, walnuts & rocket. Season with salt & pepper.
• When serving crumble the goat’s cheese or fetta over the top.