Chromium Helps Balance Blood Sugar Levels
Chromium picolinate has been found to be more effective at mimicking the effects of insulin than other form of currently chromium available. Chromium picolinate is one of the most bio-available form of chromium available.
Actions of Chromium Include:
- Potentiates insulin by enhancing receptor binding, thereby stabilising blood sugar levels.
- Reduces total serum cholesterol, triglycerides and apoprotein (b), increases HDL cholesterol, regulation of blood sugar and cholesterol.
- Decreases C-reactive protein (a marker for inflammation).
- Component of glucose tolerance factor (GTF).
Clinical Applications Of Chromium
- Cardiovascular: (Chromium 1 – 2 mg per day) can reduces total serum cholesterol levels by 15%, reduces LDL and increases HDL cholesterol, reduces triglycerides, helps regulate blood-pressure, congestive heart failure.
- Diabetes: decreases insulin resistance, improves the uptake of glucose, improves insulin sensitivity in Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 patients, alleviates Diabetes Mellitus Type 2.
- Reactive hypoglycemia: Chromium supplementation decreases blood sugar in people with high blood sugar levels and raises blood sugar in people with low blood sugar levels.
- Weight-loss: increases lean body mass and helps to prevent obesity.