For the life of me, I just can’t work out why so many people don’t like Brussels sprouts, I find them delightful to eat. My mother used to cook them regularly when I was a child and used to grate a little fresh nutmeg on them – very tasty indeed. The Brussels sprouts in this recipe should be brown on the outside when roasted. Any leftovers can be reheated or even just eaten cold from the fridge. When cooked this way, you will be surprised just how nice Brussels sprouts can taste!
- 600 grams Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and all outer yellow leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat. Pour onto a baking sheet, and place on center oven rack.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning.
- Brussels sprouts should be dark brown when done. Adjust seasoning with salt, if necessary.
- Serve immediately with a protein of your choice.