Starting Out On The Candida Crusher Diet
This page is about the Candida Crusher Diet basics, and after reading it will you will get the overall general idea of some very important ‘do’s and dont’s’ when it comes to eating when you have candida.
“Disease can be cured through the proper use of correct foods. This statement may sound deceptively simple, but I have arrived at it only after intensive study of a highly complex subject: colloid and endocrine chemistry. My conclusions are based on experimental and observational results, gathered through many years of successfully treating patients. I have sought to prescribe for my patients’ illnesses antidotes which nature has placed at their disposal”. Dr. Henry G. Bieler, M.D. (1965). Food Is Your Best Medicine.
Why Eating Correct Will Give You Permanent Results
Change your diet; don’t feed candida on foods that yeasts love. I often tell my patients to be careful, because these foods will “call your name”, they will tell you to buy them and consume them regularly and its called a craving, and in disguise many cravings are actually sugar cravings. “I like the taste of that” almost always means that the food you like contains sugar. I recently attended Expo West in Anaheim, California, in March 2013, and to my surprise, most of the fruity drinks and even vitamin C beverages contained sucrose as their main ingredient!
Avoiding these highly desired foods means avoiding as much as possible any refined carbohydrate foods like white flour, refined sugars such as corn syrup and glucose, fruit juices and honey and more, just look at the “Foods to Avoid” list in the Candida Control Diet. There are countless books and articles I have read relating to candida eradication, I have tried many diets with patients but have achieved outstanding success with the 3-stage Candida Crusher Diet which I have found actually works, and it works brilliantly. The thing is to use common sense, and not the latest diet-book fad. If you crave it, then just stop eating it. If is very sweet in your mouth and you know it is wrong, then stop eating it!
I have found that a candida patient will often desire a particular food or beverage, and this may very well be the one underpinning the condition. Think about it for just one moment; are you a person who has a strong desire or craving for a particular food or drink?
Yeast hates a healthy diet full of fresh vegetables, fruits and high quality proteins devoid of refined carbs. After many years of treating candida patients in my clinic, I have not been convinced that all patients need to strictly avoid all fruits (but NO dried fruits please!) with candida issues, but do request that those with major problems of several years duration follow my eating program as outlined below carefully. In 1986, Dr. William Crook, the author of the well-known book The Yeast Connection, did a huge amount of research into foods and candida and found out these four points after interviewing many practitioners and patients:
- Avoiding all sugar containing foods and the refined carbohydrates.
- Eating more complex carbohydrates (vegetables especially)
- Eliminating fresh fruits during the early weeks of the diet.
- Eliminating starchy vegetables during the first two weeks of the diet.
If you suspect candida, it is useful to take note of my dietary advice since it does not contradict the general guidelines for good healthy eating and has made an enormous difference in the lives of so many patients who unbeknown to them, were being made miserable by this condition. Just do the diet strictly from two to four weeks, then slowly include more fresh fruits, starchy vegetables and as you improve you will be able to eat a much wider assortment of foods, all in good time.
Many people who seek help eradicating their yeast infection routinely approach our clinic, and many of these men and women have been following some kind of dietary protocol for a long time, in some cases for many years. Unfortunately, if many of these patients fail to adhere very strictly to their diet and just for a day or two revert back to foods they could consume years ago, their symptoms return almost immediately. This does not prove that their diet doesn’t work, it proves that their candida protocol isn’t working for them. The diet is but a small part of eradicating candida, it is an important yet nevertheless small part, and once you have finished reading chapter 7, you will understand what I mean by this. It is more likely that the person who has had the most difficulty in recovering, will be the one most likely to be suffering from a condition such as adrenal fatigue. Other patients may have some kind of block, and eating a “perfect” diet certainly won’t make the difference in such a case, I can assure you.
Just remember, you cannot eradicate your yeast infection by diet alone, you may subdue or tame it, but it will be ready to flare up and make your life miserable at the next opportune moment.
10 Golden Rules For Healthy Eating When You Have Candida
- Slow down when you eat. Take your time and do not rush. Your digestion and bowel function will improve, which will in turn improve the levels of beneficial bacteria and make it harder for candida to thrive.
- Chew your foods well, Eat more slowly, chew more slowly and deliberately and be aware of what you are doing. You’d be surprised how quick you chew and swallow your foods! Always remember – the better you digest foods, the healthier your gastrointestinal tract, and the more balance will occur between the good and bad bugs in your digestive system.
- Relax, and never eat when stressed or tired. Remember, you don’t have to eat if you don’t feel like it, eat when you are hungry. Eat on instinct, some days you will feel like eating more, other days like less. NEVER overload your gut.
- Have at least one day per week where you eat very light, light enough to make you feel like you could have had more after your evening meal. This will keep your digestion in good shape as you age. Most patients I’ve seen eat too much, too frequently and often the wrong kinds of foods. Is it any wonder they can’tt get rid of their candida with just a bunch of pills?
- Smell and taste your foods. Savor your foods and enjoy the experience. This will ensure that sufficient saliva is produced and your digestion will be in fine form. This is a bit like priming the engine of your lawn mower, chainsaw or brush cutter before you start the engine. A stomach anticipating foods will digest more efficiently.
- Don’t watch TV, read papers, books or emails or computers while you eat. Your mind should be on the job! Still on Facebook when you eat your breakfast? Statistics have revealed that 1 in 5 people in the USA are on Facebook with one meal of the day. And I suppose you watch TV when you are mowing your yard too? Sarcastic as it may seem, if you want to get your digestion operating efficiently, please look, smell and taste your food. It is hard to do that when you are busy ‘liking’ somebody on Facebook.
- Eat smaller portions. Buy smaller dinner plates and if you eat out don’t feel that you have to eat everything on your plate. Do you really need that dessert after your meal?
- Increase the quality and decrease the quantity(except fruit and vegetables) of the foods you consume. For example buy organic or grow your own vegetables and fruits as much as possible. Buy organic chicken at least over commercial poultry.
- Eat a lot less red meat (beef, pork, sheep, and deer) and get more protein more from fish, legumes, nuts and seeds and fermented tofu like tempeh. Avoid all kinds of processed meats. You digestion will improve. Paleo diets laden with meats are NOT a good idea with candida, trust me, I’ve worked with candida patients for over twenty-five years and can tell you this is a fact.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Have a good-sized breakfast, a medium sized lunch and a smaller portion with your evening meal. Your weight will become much more manageable and your energy levels will increase in the afternoon as your blood sugar levels improve. It takes time to adjust to eating like this so please be patient!
Are you struggling with your diet and lifestyle with candida? I know how you feel, because thousands of my candida patients have been struggling in the past, and after numerous requests I decided to write about about ALL aspects of how to recover and cure yourself from candida in the privacy of your own home. I spent three years writing this book, and you will not find a more comprehensive book on this topic anywhere – I guarantee this one hundred percent. Candida Crusher was the result after more than 15, 000 patients in my clinic over more than twenty years of naturopathic practice. I left no stone unturned, and you may at first be a bit overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information. Just read the bits relevant to you, and over time it will make a lot of sense.
Every single aspect of diet and nutrition relating to candida is to be found in Candida Crusher. You even have 60 days to make up your mind, and if you are not satisfied, you get a refund! How fair is that! I doubt you will want your money back, the refund rate is extremely low indeed, as most all of the many candida sufferers who have purchased my book have been entirely satisfied.
Remain Committed To The Candid crusher Diet For 3 – 6 months For Optimal Results
Stay on the diet especially stage 1 and stage 2 of teh Candida Crusher Diet that I have recommended, for as long as it takes, which can be from 3 to 6 months or even longer. Why does it take this long you are thinking? It takes this long because you are trying to establish healthy bowel flora, and because the surface area of your digestive system is considerable and there is a large amount of bacteria present, including several hundred different species, it simply won’t happen overnight. If you ever tried to start a new lawn you will understand exactly what I mean. It takes plenty of time and commitment, because you have to water the lawn, keep people off it initially, refrain from mowing it for several weeks and feed it regularly. After several months your lawn looks beautiful, because you took the time to care for it and did the right thing.
Over a period of time and commitment, your digestive system will feel great and you will have probably made some long-term changes as your health has improved in many different ways. And who wants to continue with symptoms like bloating, flatus, and itching, mental fogginess and fatigue anyway?
I have found with patients that the ones who get the best long-term results are generally the ones who are totally committed to changing the way they think about their dietary and lifestyle choices, they make the right choices long term, and more importantly, they actually stick with those new healthy choices. If you change what you eat and make healthier choices, your digestive system will improve as a result, the yeast infection will go away and your health will improve. It’s as simple as that.