Do you eat red meat? It is amazing how many patients I’ve seen over the years who avoid red meat and only eat chicken or fish. Have you ever considered that red meat can actually be used in a salad? Just cut it very thin and cook it quickly, it is an excellent addition to a salad containing spinach, rocket, or a whole host of other greens. This is a high protein paleo-suitable dish and it is one I really enjoy especially in the summer months when there is plenty of fresh salad greens in my vegetable garden.
Be sure to only use the freshest ingredients, you will notice the difference in flavor and your health will benefit definitely benefit because fresh foods contain significantly higher levels of vitamins and minerals.
- I Onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons of Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed or finely sliced
- 500 g cubed Beef (18 oz)
- 1 Lime
- 1 kg Broad Beans (2 ¼ lb)
- ½ avocado (peeled and cubed)
- 500 gr. Spinach (18 oz)
- Sea salt & Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 200 degree Celsius (400 degree Farenheit or Gas mark 6).
- Fry the onion until golden brown.
- Add Garlic & Beef – turning so it browns all over.
- Add the lime (sliced) and then cover with water and simmer, covered for 45 minutes.
- Add more water as/if necessary.
- Cut the Limes open.
- Take the beans out of their pods and add them to the beef and cook for 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash the spinach and remove the stems.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Serves 4 – 6 people