This salad is particularly refreshing in the summertime. The flavours and colours are great and is one of the small side salads you have alongside a few others. Your guests will be amazed and want to know how you came up with this unusual combination of ingredients.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinse
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 small or 1 medium orange peeled and segmente
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion sliced thinly
- 1 small red or green chilli finely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and chill, covered, for 1 hour
- Tastes best when consumed on the same day it is made, does not keep particuarly well.