Pate is a healthy snack food, and this recipe tastes just great and is a great match with many different types of foods. This spread is a great source of healthy fats, vitamin C and soluble fiber and is a pate you will make time and again. Your friends will be impressed.
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 x dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 black olives
- 225ml vegetable stock
- 115g red lentils, rinsed
- black pepper
- Put the garlic, spring onions, chilli, tomatoes, and olives into a saucepan with half the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the onions are tender.
- Stir in the red lentils and the rest of the stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender, adding water if necessary to prevent the lentils sticking.
- Transfer into a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve with raw vegetables or spread onto wheat free bread.