This soup is just lovely! The Thai flavours of lime and coconut totally transform this classic leek and potato soup. And it can be made and ready in less than hour too.
- 2 tbspns Olive oil
- 3 Leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 Green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 Potatoes, diced
- Grated zest and juice of 2 Limes, plus a few extra slices to garnish
- salt and black pepper
- 2 1/4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan, then add the leeks, chilli, potatoes, lime zest and seasoning.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Leave to cool slightly.
- Blend the soup with a hand-mixer or transfer to a food processor and blend to make a chunky, creamy mixture.
- Return the soup back in to the saucepan.
- Stir in the lime juice, then add the coconut milk and heat through, taking care not to let the soup boil.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with slices of lime and coriander.