Do you eat frozen beans? Try fresh beans, much tastier and better for your health. Green beans are a very healthy vegetable, and this dish is a welcome change from regular steamed green beans which you may well eat. You can also make this dish with fresh spinach instead of green beans. Watercress is another option and I have found watercress to be an excellent alternative. This dish is gluten-free and very tasty, it is an excellent side dish which goes well with a beef or chicken dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 to 5 cloves of fresh garlic – peeled and sliced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with olive oil; add garlic, and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir in green beans, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until beans are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.