A Great Summer Stir-Fry
Green beans are such a healthy vegetable, full of iron, magnesium and many other minerals. They are a tasy summer treat as well and are great cooked only for a few minutes or steamed. Here’s a recipe you are going to really like, and it is best with fresh green beans. Don’t use that frozen stuff, I don’t care what they say, you can never beat fresh vegetables regardless of what the food companies will tell you. Do NOT tail the beans, why should you?? Just cut a millimetre off near the stalk end.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 large red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 250 grams mushrooms
- 200 grams green beans (fresh)
- 3 teaspoons roasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon soya sauce
- Top and don’t tail the beans, cut in half diagonally
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the garlic
- Add the vegetables
- Add the sesame seeds
- Add the soya sauce
- Stir constantly over heat for about 2 minutes until vegetables are all tender but still crunchy.
- Serve at once with steamed jasmine rice.