Carob bobbs are a nice little “no chocolate” treat which makes a perfect lunch box addition for a child or adult.
The combination of almonds, coconut, honey and carob powder is irresistable and once you make these little treasures you will have to hide them from the kids! And to keep the adults happy? – Add a teaspoon of rum before you knead them, and firm up with a little more carob powder if need be. But keep these away from the kids for sure!
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup mild carob powder
- 1/2 cup unprocessed honey
- Knead ingredients like dough.
- Add more coconut if necessary.
- Shape into small bars or balls.
- Chill before serving.